01 May, 2014

happy may day!


Spring has finally arrived and I could not be happier, in spite of the straight face! After months spent in hibernation through an especially harsh winter, I've been emerging from the apartment and doing my hair and make up on a regular basis again, hence the selfie. I've just finished my second last year at uni and booked a trip to the UK in June so things are going well.


What my recent outfits lack in seasonal pastel colors, they make up for in their multiplicity of patterns. I'm really into plaid with stripes at the moment and polka dots (as previously mentioned) with everything, all the time, forever, obv. My skirt, top, and bow are vintage, shoes are Dr. Martens and bag is from Top Shop.  


I don't celebrate Easter but do condone any excuse to eat lots of chocolate, not that I needed one. Malt eggs are some of my favorites and they're nice to look at too!


My mom brought over some lovely tulips a few weeks ago, and their cheerful presence helped me pull through the last days of winter. This effect was much needed as it was still snowing earlier this week! The print above our fireplace is a section of Klimt's Mother and Child, which is one of my favorite paintings. I saw it at Tate Liverpool years ago and have been in love ever since.


This adorable chair cover was a dollar store find that pleases me more than any innate object should. While still partial to feline forms, I have become very fond of rabbit motifs lately. I've been working in a little hat shop for almost a year now and the boater is one of my favorite styles, even though it doesn't suite me very well and spends more time on my wall than on my head.


I'd been searching for the perfect pair of silver brogues to no avail for a long time before finding these beauties on sale at the Gap. They are super shiny and glitter when the sun hits them!

32 comments:

Sophie Jane said...

I'm thrilled it's finally starting to cool down where I live! Baring in mind, anything below 20 is cool for us. I'd adore to work in a hat shop! Like sophie of howl's moving castle :)

Fiona said...

eep what a cute blog, love your cute cat eyes and silver shoes!

Lorna said...

What adorable shoes and outfit !! Oh its so cute I want it all hihi

Xxx
Lorna
Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

Amber Callender said...

such a cute outfit!

cultkid.blogspot.com

she. said...

I love those oxfords super cute.

Jane said...

You look so cute! Loving that outfit you laid out too, the docs make it :)

monique said...

You look gorgeous. I love the shoes :)

Katie Frank said...

i'm so in love with that skirt <3 it's way too lovely <3 happy may! <3
http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

love all these photos! and you are adorable!!!

The Emerald Dove said...

Lovely pictures! The outfit is so nice - love that skirt! And those shoes are really pretty :)
theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

Amanda Bowen said...

Thanks so much for somehow coming across my blog and commenting! I'm so excited, because I love your blog, and it's always great to find a new awesome blog/blogger to follow!! : )

thimble said...

cute outfit :-) those easter eggs are making me hungry :-P

Sara Downton said...

That hat is adorable! I've never been someone who suited hats, which makes me jealous of people who can pop anything on their head and look great!

Liz said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Sarah! It's still kind of cold here, but the fact that the grass is FINALLY turning green means that spring is well on its way...even though it is a month late! I really love the outfit layout you have. A monochromatic color scheme is always in style regardless of the season =)

Rupsha said...

I love the stuffs! So pretty!
-Ru
LOVESICKLILAC

Unknown said...

You pretty lady!

RaeAbigael said...

i love plaid skirts too sarah! :) and i wish we also have winter here since our temperature is scorching hot everyday! -.- anyway, have a lovely rest of the week :D



xoxo,
rae
http://www.raellarina.net/

Unknown said...

Lovely blog! Such cute items!

xx,
www.mellowyellowblog.com

Laura said...

I love your eyeliner flick, you look so lovely on that first picture.
And I also really like the outfit, I would love to own a pair of these Dr Martens as well. :)

dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos! I'm doing a giveaway on my blog if you'd like to check it out x

www.joyyiu.com

sara l said...

really loving that outfit!

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

I am seriously loving that outfit set. The skirt is just too adorable! xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

HighlandFling said...

So much love for your school girl pleated skirt. It's perfect. I love your classy handbag and striped tee with it too!

Congrats on the long awaited silver brogues!

Emma x

Natalie Suarez said...

this is so so cute! LOVE this x

natalieoffduty.com

Natalie Off Duty

Tina Sosna said...

Oh this outfit on the secon picture is so so adorable!♥

Instant Milk said...

Love it! This looks like such a great working area!

I just posted! Come by soon!

xx

emmacharlottesometimes said...

I've just discovered your blog. I love the photos, so lovely. I hope you enjoy your trip over here, lets hope the weather is nice!

Emma Xx

emmaslookingglass.blogspot.co.uk

The Mad Twins said...

I'm overwhelmed by cuteness *W* congrats on finishing exams! Enjoy your wel deserved holiday! You place looks absolutely adorable *W*

Holly said...

so many cute things in one post! <3

from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

ps. take a peek at my £250+ beauty giveaway, if you fancy! click here.

Sabrina said...

So adorable! I love how everything is kinda mismatched, but fits together as lost treasure really well. Great outfit too!

Sincerely,
Sabrina

She Was a Day Tripper said...

Really lovely post! I love your cat eye flicks and boater hat - perfect!

Sarah x
She Was a Day Tripper

Unknown said...

Your Blog is ADORABLE, like you. Love your photos. Omg, so cute.
Kisses ^_^