15 May, 2014

another nook


As soon as my exams were over I surrendered the use of our dining room table, which I'd been holding hostage as a work station for the past school year. Now I'm on holidays and have more time to make fun and cute things, so I've set up a smaller desk in the bedroom and this little area has instantly become one of my favorite corners in the apartment. Neither of our very old fireplaces are functioning (there's another, even nicer one in the living room), so it's safe to have my desk beside the mantle full of trinkets and an adorable heart garland from Isa strung across the hearth.

Above my desk are some old photos and postcards, drawings from friends, and gifts from pen pals.



This little white desk has a glass surface which is great to work on, and it was Liam's idea to put confetti underneath it. I'm forever tracking sequins and glitter around on my clothes which is somewhat charming until you have to vacuum them all up, so this is a perfect solution for at least some of those sparkles!


Celine sent me a bunch of silver stars in a recent letter and I love the way they look under the table top. I've had this stamp (which prints my name flocked by hearts) since childhood and recently rediscovered it, much to my delight.




I found these beautiful jewelry boxes at an estate sale a few months ago and decided to re-purpose them for craft supplies, including washi tape. My collection is modest compared to many I've seen, but it's expanding steadily and has already grown since this photo was taken a few days ago.

36 comments:

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Such a happy and cozy nook:) And I love the little stars on/in your desk! What a nice touch!

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

little kaatie said...

Aw this makes my room look so boring! It's lovely. Good luck with your exams!

littlekaatie.blogspot.co.uk

Jane said...

Aw this is such a cosy corner! I love the glitter in the tabletop idea.

Fiona said...

what a super delightful space and I love that cute bear stamp - eep!

petal and plume said...

So cozy! You have beautiful taste and a real gift for composing wonderful interiors!
xx

Katie Frank said...

you have the most adorable room EVER <3 i love the place full of crafty stuff *_*
again: thank you so much for these perfums cards!

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Katie Frank said...

you have the most adorable room EVER <3 i love the place full of crafty stuff *_*
again: thank you so much for these perfums cards!

http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

Nancy Wilde said...

I'd spend hours staring and checking out every single detail in that room for sure! Eye candy galore!

Ester R. said...

The decoration is simply amazing! Every single detail!

SHE WALKS Blog
My Store - Infinite Universe

Liz said...

Your corner is fantastic and beautiful! The first picture reminded me of this beautiful vintage store I used to go to.

Nicole said...

You have the cutest little home!! I feel so inspired to redecorate my room now. By the way, I received your lovely letter the other day! I'll be writing back as soon as possible ♥

thimble said...

looks lke the cosiest little corner :-) love the confetti on your desk!

Marisa Ferreira said...

That is the coolest and cutest corner ever - and I mean that <3


http://venus-fleurs.blogspot.pt/

Unknown said...

Lovely post! I love paper tapes too!

xx,
www.mellowyellowblog.com

Kati said...

I can see why you love this nook so much - it looks like the perfect space to create!

Have a great day,
-Kati

Lucy in the Sky said...

So pretty! I love the star sequins underneath the glass desktop, and that is a really neat idea to put all those sweet tapes in vintage jewellery boxes.

Magda Carvalho said...

Love this things *.*
Kiss
http://retromaggie.blogspot.pt/

SWK said...

Your craft area is so nice, love it! It's just full of life and creativity!

HighlandFling said...

Your place is amazing! This is why I think I could never permanently live with a boy. No bunting, no pink.

Emma x

Laura said...

I can't get enough from pictures of your home.
You live in such a wonderful place.
I love the idea with the little stars underneath your desk, I definitely have to keep that in mind. :)

dearmisscoco.blogspot.de

Lally said...

What a sweet desk area! I love the glitter under your tabletop, such a lovely idea.

Lally

lallymacbeth.blogspot.co.uk

Putri Valentina said...

awww so cute >.<

WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

mochaccinoland said...

such a cute room <333

xoxo
mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

jackie jade said...

love this area - what a cute idea to put some sparkles under the glass on your desk. so cute!

Winnie said...

Oh I love what you've done - that desk with the confetti underneath is such a cute idea.

lucia m said...

how cute?!

Join my Dolce and Gabbana
giveaway on my blog!

www.aroundlucia.com

Unknown said...

So adorable!! Love all the cute paper tapes!

xx,
www.mellowyellowblog.com

Rosalinda Tjioe said...

Love your washi tape collection! Your room is so cute xx

http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

Maxime Loncke said...

your place looks adorable, so cozy and girly! ❤

Louise said...

this is so darn cute. I love stuffing my stationary and DIY stuff in old jewellery boxes. I long for the day I am done too... just a little more than a week. (which makes me both relieved and terrified!)

Taylor Scott said...

Oh my! Such ADORABLE things! I just found your blog - I am in love!

<3 Taylor
www.agirlonrope.com

Kimmy said...

Such an adorable work space. I think it's nice when you can find inspiration from your work space. And my washi collection is a work in progress as well. Totally need to work on it. XD

The Mad Twins said...

Your room looks amazing! And the idea of putting confetti underneath the glass surface is so nice!

Anonymous said...

This is a great little nook! Love the use of the jewellery box to store your arts and crafts!


Saskia / girlinbrogues.com

Fransisca Angela said...

You have such a lovely room with many interesting stuffs inside :)

Sade | IN MY SUNDAY BEST said...

I look observing other people's spaces, and yours looks so lovely Sarah! <3

IN MY SUNDAY BEST BLOG

Sade xo